Your Nationality
Travel Destination
When travelling to Canada as a citizen of Austria, you must meet the following terms and requirements concerning visa, immigration procedures or maximum duration of stay.

Passport required

Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for the period of intended stay.
Warning: if departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document [READ MORE] is required by the US immigration authorities.

Passport Exemptions

Passengers with a Permanent Resident Card issued by Canada.

Visa required

except for Nationals of Austria with an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). They are visa exempt for a maximum stay of 6 months.


If a travel document issued by Canada to minors under 16 years of age displays "Signature Not Required/non requise" [READ MORE]
Parent (s) traveling with a child under 18 years are strongly advised to [READ MORE]
WARNING! In accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation, all minors who are nationals of Austria will be expected to hold their own passport or National ID Card (where applicable) when departing from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania or a Schengen Member State [READ MORE].

Additional Information

Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
Visitors traveling for business purposes are recommended to hold [READ MORE]


Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.


The information provided does not claim general validity. Use it at your own risk. Data © IATA.