Your Nationality
Travel Destination
When travelling to United States as a citizen of Germany, you must meet the following terms and requirements concerning visa, immigration procedures or maximum duration of stay.

Passport required

Passports issued to nationals of Germany must be valid for the period of intended stay.

Passport Exemptions

Passengers with an Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512).
Passengers with a temporary or emergency passport.
For passengers arriving directly from the US mainland, Alaska, Hawaii, [READ MORE]

Visa required

except for Nationals of Germany with a biometric passport and an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). They must travel as a tourist, on business or in transit, for a maximum stay of 90 days.


Passengers must hold a return/onward ticket. Visa required, except for Passengers with an Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512). Visa required, except for Those admitted to the USA on a visa, returning to the USA after a visit of max. 30 days to Canada or Mexico or to adjacent islands (except for Cuba) [READ MORE]. Holders of F or J visas must [READ MORE]


Children, up to/incl. 15 years of age, being nationals of Germany, are not allowed to enter the USA on their parents passports.
Minors traveling unaccompanied, or accompanied by one parent or a person other than parent/legal guardian, [READ MORE].
WARNING! In accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation, all minors who are nationals of Germany will be expected to hold their own passport or National ID Card (where applicable) when departing from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania or a Schengen Member State [READ MORE].

Additional Information

The following applies to those traveling under the US Visa Waiver Program:
> Passengers must have a biometric passport.
> Passenger must obtain an ESTA authorization via
> Detailed information on the new ESTA restrictions can be found via r-program/visa-waiver-program-improvement-and-terrorist-tra vel-prevention-act-faq
> A return/onward ticket (or electronic ticket record) must be to a final destination country other than Canada, Mexico or contiguous (adjacent) countries or territories situated in or bordering the Caribbean Sea [READ MORE]. If a passenger holds proof of residence in Canada, Mexico or a contiguous (adjacent) country or territory and is transiting the USA to that country or territory, then an onward/return ticket to that country or territory is accepted.
> Passenger can make side trips to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean countries/islands, provided first entering the USA on a carrier participating in the VWP. No additional time is given (extension) based on the departure to contiguous (adjacent) territory [READ MORE].
A passenger may enter the USA with a valid visa in an expired passport, provided [READ MORE]
Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
Beginning students holding "F", "J" or "M" student/exchange visitor visas [READ MORE]

The information provided does not claim general validity. Use it at your own risk. Data © IATA.