Your Nationality
Travel Destination
When travelling to Canada as a citizen of United States, you must meet the following terms and requirements concerning visa, immigration procedures or maximum duration of stay.

Passport required

Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for the period of intended stay.
Warning: if departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document [READ MORE] is required by the US immigration authorities.

Passport Exemptions

Nationals of the USA with a recommended proof of citizenship such as a: - US birth certificate; or - US certificate of citizenship; or - US certificate of naturalization.
Nationals of USA with a NEXUS Card if residing in Canada or USA embarking in USA or Canada and entering Canada from the USA only.
Passengers with a Permanent Resident Card issued by Canada.

Visa required

except for Nationals of the USA for a maximum stay of 6 months.


Minors who are nationals of the USA [READ MORE]
If a travel document issued by Canada to minors under 16 years of age displays "Signature Not Required/non requise" [READ MORE]
Parent (s) traveling with a child under 18 years are strongly advised to [READ MORE]

Additional Information

Holders of proof of citizenship issued by USA not holding a valid passport; will be granted entry upon arrival only after examination by a Canadian Border Services Officer if having satisfied the officer about their citizenship.
Visitors traveling for business purposes are recommended to hold [READ MORE]


Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.

The information provided does not claim general validity. Use it at your own risk. Data © IATA.