Your Nationality
Travel Destination
When travelling to Mexico as a citizen of United States, you must meet the following terms and requirements concerning visa, immigration procedures or maximum duration of stay.

Passport required

Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid on arrival.
Warning: if departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document [READ MORE] is required by the US immigration authorities.

Passport Exemptions

Passengers with an emergency or a temporary passport.

Admission and Transit Restrictions

Passengers with a non-machine readable passport are not allowed to enter or transit Mexico.
> This does not apply to passengers with an emergency or a temporary passport.

Visa required

except for Nationals of USA with a normal, emergency or temporary passport for a maximum stay of 180 days.


Passport not required for alien minors (up to/incl.17 years of age) registered in their parent/guardian passport, provided traveling with the passport holder.
All minors under 14 years of age, when traveling alone, should be met by an adult.


Visitors not holding return/onward tickets [READ MORE] co uld be refused entry.

The information provided does not claim general validity. Use it at your own risk. Data © IATA.